Thursday, May 5, 2016

We Welcome Aboard JMC Fine Art Jewelry!

Marblehead.Works welcomes JMC fine art jewelry to our offerings!  We will
Seraglio Necklace
offer exceptional pieces of jewelry, handmade in Marblehead by Joyce Mayer Clark.

Each piece of jewelry is unique and designed with a keen eye for color and texture. Bead weaving and embroidery are painstaking techniques; each
Seraglio Cuff
bead is chosen with care and added one at a time. 

If you're looking for a statement piece, you've come to the right place!







Artist Statement

I am a self-taught bead artist who specializes in bead embroidery and bead weaving; techniques that
Painted Desert
are distinct from each other but are often combined. Bead embroidery is done with needle and thread on a fabric ground while bead weaving uses only needle, thread, and beads. My primary medium is seed beads: tiny glass beads that come in a vast array of colors and finishes, as well as art glass, gemstones and other natural materials that provide me with an endless palette. 

Painted Desert Earrings
I draw much of my inspiration from the world around me. Marblehead is a spectacularly beautiful town, and I am incredibly fortunate to live close to the ocean in such a stunning area. I am fascinated by the way that the colors and textures of the sea can change from dark and stormy to light and calm in a matter of moments. The shades of grey and vibrant autumn leaves floating in an asphalt puddle; the hues and textures in the discolored hull of a sailboat; and the brilliant colors and intricate shapes of garden flowers all inform my art.

My background in graphic design, illustration, and bookbinding brings depth and breadth to my work, and contributes knowledge of color, texture and composition to each piece. I am passionate about creating three dimensional wearable works of art, and love engineering a piece to be comfortable, functional, and beautiful. I am an artist member of the Marblehead Arts Association and my jewelry has won several awards, including Outstanding Work and Best of Show in the Marblehead Festival of Arts.

Each piece I make is a labor of love; unique and handcrafted with attention to detail and many hours of painstaking work that results in one-of-kind heirlooms. The details may be delicate, but the end result always makes a strong statement - whether worn with a pair of jeans or a formal gown.

About Marblehead.Works
Marblehead.Works is an online boutique showcasing the talent of local artisans, and businesses in our coastal New England town.
Our site is launching May 19.  Want a sneak peek?  Visit Marblehead.Works and enter your email and we will send you the password to enter and see how are bringing the best of Marblehead to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!